Whelp first week in orofero went down. Sr Meloen speaks really good French, because she is French lol. And so I feel like I'm in training again and I've realized that I understand Tahitians much better than faranis. (French peeps) but holy I love this spicy sista! She's hilarious and loves manga and Korean music and really random things.
We had a funny moment this week when she got a bladder infection and so we went on Ville to the doctor to get it taken care of. He gave her a medication that said she wasn't supposed to go into sunlight for 5 days.
Guess what we forgot to do.
It's hard to avoid sun in Tahiti, in our defense.
But even after just 10 minutes she got roasted!!! The poor French fry.
Other than that this week was pretty strange. We went on Ville a lot. Apparently being stl means you're just in charge of taking everyone in the car to make sure all is well and dandy in their lives. Transfers. I'm trying to adjust to new things and a new ward and new roommates. Luckily they are awesome. But we don't have a working toilet at this moment so every morning we wake up the other house of sisters with a little dance to use theirs...
But I pray every night and thank God for that toilet in their house.
Our dmp has tons of roosters and he does cock fighting (makes them fight for money) I'm not gonna say I'm not disappointed but it's somewhat funny that he chose that for his passion.
A new sister came here named sister O'Harah and she's my new best pal. She told me everything ive missed for the last 16 months.
Yikes it has been 16 months I've been out.
Soon Pia from Oremu was baptised on Saturday and I got to go back to faaa to see it. I think I cried tears of joy falling asleep that night because I was just so HAPPY!!! Soon is 1 month younger than I am and she's become one of my best tahitian friends. She's made some terribly hard and heartbreaking sacrifices to be able to follow Christ, and I honestly wasn't sure that she was gonna be able to do it. But I stopped doubting anything when she gave a word before her baptism. Her words will always ring as lasting memories of what I think of to be true from my experiences here:
"I Know God told me this is my path I'm supposed to take, and I know he expected me to go through whatever it took to get there. There is something that draws me here that I can't explain, except that I say it is of God. That is why I am choosing today to be baptised. To take the name of Christ on me and become a part of his people."
There are many reasons to do good things. There are many reasons we make up so we don't do them also.. haha.
But the only real reason we should need is simply that God told us to do it.
For me, it's logic. He knows approximately... everything! And he wants exactly the best life possibly possible for me, you, and every saint and sinner. He doesn't make a difference, he keeps his promises. Hes perfect. So why don't we just do what he says. No matter what that might take.
Thanks for letting me stand on a tall soap box. :) love you all.
No comments:
Post a Comment