you're the best. mom I wear that necklace you sent me like
every day. the one that says "blessed" cause it's the most accurate
word
"I'm so glad we teach people, and not
lessons."
quote of the week feat. sr dumouchel.
this email will consist of a sequence of details or facts
that you may be interested in. mostly cause I told myself when I came on
the mission I would always know what to write home about but that was a lie. ;)
Bon appetite!
I have only knocked on a door 2 times on my mission. never
seen a doorbell. "contacting" means walking up to a house and yelling
IAORANA and hoping someone comes out. if the windows and doors are closed, it
means no one is home. if people don't want to talk to you, they will behind their
curtains even if they know you saw them.
I've been yelled at by so many angry Papas this
week. ask me if I'm sick of trying to reason with people's
stubborn parents? I am. they think with their feet and not with their
heads. yeah their kid can sleep with whoever they want but NO THEY WILL NOT BE
BAPTISED. NEVER. even if they really really want to and need to. gr.
sometimes Mario's baptism gets repushed to next Saturday cause of his angry dad
even though he's 27.
also I'm no longer afraid to be yelled at by some angry
papi. #sufferingforjesus. what can men do? nothing!
sometimes we have so much fruit on our table at home they we
need to throw it away cause it goes bad. and sometimes we come home with 3
meals and a cake that people hand over to us. THEN WE GO EAT AGAIN
and other times you fast twice during the week,
then you eat too many lentils and raw fish which mess up your digestive
tract and get the runs real good during weekly planning
it's a good thing im or the driver cause I'd crash the car
staring at how blue the ocean is
the wind blew the rain into our room last night and made a
little puddle
I am designing a t shirt with me sr dumouchel and mami's
faces on it.
sometimes you do,t think you've ever loved someone as much
as you love the mami who lives with you. and sometimes you all out on hats and
play songs together while she uses a fork and a spoon to drum along.
I feel blessed when people wear t shirts.
we taught a mami yesterday who has an afro and she shrieks
and runs her hands through it when she laughs. then she prays with her eyes
wide open, staring at your face and it's kind of scary.
sometimes you feel enlightened enough to get up in church
and bear your testimony in Tahitian. and those are the times when the Tahitians
will cry.
all I want to eat is toast and blueberry muffins. and
my moms homemade bread. I haven't seen those things in 12 years
when you see a puppy that is not diseases and not
disgustingly dirty, you hold that puppy.
sometimes you tell mami about how much you love muffins and
she thinks you said "morphine" and asks calmly if you want to die
one thing (among the many things) I absolutely love
about this culture is how they just own it. they can be size -0 or XXXXL, tall
or short, have flowing mermaid hair or a little tiny patch right on top of
their head, they can have 29 teeth or 6. it does,t matter to them. they just
OWN IT. self acceptance is a beautiful thing I think we lack in America. just
feel good about how you were made :)
another thing I love is laughter. when we laugh in
polynesie, we laugh with our whole bodies! huge rolling laughs and such
giant smiles. life is funny as heck with these people. :)
another thing i love is sr Gwen dumouchel. we've planned out
all of our adventures for later in life including being rapunzel and Elsa for
Halloween and backpacking in Canada. for the moment we are having the best
adventure of missionary work in faaroa :) so happy heavenly father dropped her
outta heaven for me
sometimes you feel so thankful for the other sisters who
live with you, for your sister who lives in Hyde park Utah still, and for the
fact that the centipede outside which is as long as your pencil didn't come
inside. sometimes you are so grateful for God you pray all day
and sometimes you think that transfers are coming soon and
you cry one night because of how bad you don't wanna leave or face the racing
time coming to an end.
life is beautiful
mami and me in our prime
CREW. the hats are to "fata." or to make things
interesting
heres some other normal scenes



No comments:
Post a Comment