Friday, May 20, 2016

Life maker 5/20/16


shouette kakahuette. 



That's not spelled right but it means "cool peanut." kakahuette derriere means peanut butt so there's that for you if you ever should need it. 



fave things this week: 



mom's dried mangoes she sent me. mom if you, you know, just have a ton of those and say "hmm, I have no idea what to do with these," you are free to stick them in some envelope somewhere and mail em' over my way. cause... between s mend, frere taua and I, they were gone in a matter of like 10 minutes and we aren't even supposed to eat in class. uh oh. he's even from tahiti and knows the real deal. he was basically crying. 



walking to the temple this morning and hearing the track meet going on!!! brought back a lot of fun memories hearing that voice over the speakers. I can see the byu stadium from where we are at and I got so exicted for all those tracky kids. Good luck Ian!! I wanna know exactly how do it go! I'm glad I know you're all close to me today :) 



Realizing in the temple today that I am on a mission because I love my family so much that I have to tell other people how to be with theirs for eternity. 



S. Mend and I made up a funny song.



Playing volleyball like a boss. I got this spike thing down. The MTC has trained me well. 



Realizing that i really do love it here. 



Tuesday night devotionals are le meilleur. 



goo goo dolls new album and the song. thanks mom. 



I found a shirt in the give away box with a dog picture on it. 



learning subjunctive in french. ok maybe that wasn't my favorite but actually it is pretty cool. Why don't we have that in english? 



Trying to learn Tahitian. 



Feeling the spirit all the time!! so fun! 



apples and pb



Not much else to report right now. Just know that I love you tons and tons and lots and lots. I wish I had more time to explain everything happening and everyone around me, but I pray for you every night and think about you every day. :) I love the changes to the house but not the picture of me. oh well. hope you all have a good time with some new baby kittens and destroying isaac's school and taking tons of naps! oh and covering up chocolate stains with your now useful tie dad.  hahaha thanks for being the best. thanks for the emails and support, I really am so lucky and realize that more and more every day. :) Love you all so much. I laugh so hard at all of your emails and that's important. Laughing is so important so keep it up fam! you laugh more than like anyone ever! 



40 lashes?! 

Well well well. How is it even friday again? they days have begun to blend into this smoothie of eat study eat study feel the spirit laugh really hard a lot because everyone is hilarious here. or maybe I just haven't watched a movie forever so life is actually funny now. ;) How was captain america? hahaha. 

this week we started learning tahitian! I am in love. It is so poetic and simple and, although the language itself is very hard to understand or get the grasp of speaking, the concept of the words just work. it is put together so simply and directly. the word for Savior is "faaora" and literally means "to make life." or "life maker." oh my goodness I just wanna cry. now just to memorize.... 

also we learned subjuntive in french thise week. all these new windows of knowledge are opening up on me and actually I feel like I'm drowning in concepts and words... but in a good way. It will make me smarter eh? 

Really quick I just want to give a spiritual thought. The book of mormon is literally true. People say oh yeah it's true, like the words help us live better and be closer to christ and all that good stuff. But oh man, this week I prayed to know for reals if these things actually happened, and guess what? THEY ACTUALLY HAPPENED. these stories about crazy miracles and people with all the strength of God were a part of history! our history! Who likes history? me! 

every single prophesy in the BOM was fulfilled and that's also really cool to think about. 

So I guess my shpeel right now is that if you don't know, start asking. Just ask God in the name of Jesus Christ to understand more about the book of mormon, or about why we have a certain law, or how you can have more peace in your life, or how you can get along better with your mom or brothers or dog. Don't be scared. just project your heart to the Life Maker and be sincere about it. GOD WILL ANSWER YOU. 

that's all. 3 Ne 11:3-7

No comments:

Post a Comment