Oh golly jeepers. I think p-days are my most stressful days.
Today has been incredibly hectic and we were supposed to take this language
assessment to see if we could move on to learning tahitian faster, but I don't
know what happened. our teachers didn't communicate or something and now I'm
confused so therefore have more time to email you. :) Maybe it's just a
blessing. I don't know if I would have passed that assessment anyways hahaha my
french does not feel as good as they seem to think it is. I have such a gospel
vocabulary and other than that, not mucho.
Hey but i love this place. I really really do. It may be the
same routine and I may stare at the beautiful Provo mountains sometimes,
wishing I could just walk a mile (just a mile!) away from where I've been for 3
weeks and go hiking or something, but I think I will miss this place when I
leave it. Like dad has been telling me, the spirit here is so incredibly strong
and fantastic!! I feel like I didn't even know what the gospel was until I got
here. :) and the people just make me so glad! all missionaries are so cute and
nice. Guys the church is true. Jesus loves you. Be thou humble.
Ah!! It was so fun to talk to all of you on Sunday. Sorry I
was a blubbery mess hahaha and mom you're right it was an emotional moment, but
I won't ever forget it! It seems like that was yesterday. Time is starting to
just blend into itself and overlap, I feel like. I've only been here for just
one really long day. Some days have really tough and frustrating moments, but
every night I go to bed and I'm so excited! I don't know why. Life is just
cool. Being a missionary is cool. It was nice to hear your voices. :) the next
time i hear your voices I will be on my way to Tahiti ( which is June 20 I
think so we will have to figure out how that one will work) and then the next
time after that will be christmas!!! happy holidays.
Thank you so much for all the dear elders and support. I
wish I could respond to everything but here's a little-
Mom I loved the ragnar story and the pump up talks. They
really do help me a lot and it's fun to see your personality come out. I talk
about you all the time and all the girls in my room call you S. Durrant's cute
mom.
Dad your dear elders are the best and you give the best
advice. Thanks for coaching me to learn the spirit and the gospel before the
language. :) I seriously just want to make everyone feel the joy I feel about
the atonement of Jesus Christ all the time. It's mind blowing.
AJ thank you for taking sleeping selfies still. never
change. I'm really glad your classes aren't super stressful right now.
Ian smokin butt why didn't you tell me your personal split
at the invitational!? that's quite insane. Good luck this week adn you look
good in a helmet.
Teesh I'm so happy that popular girls are giving you fruit
snacks. You know, I think they probably look at YOU and say "wow she is
popular" and that's why they wanna be friends with you. You are funny and
always kind to people even if they are a little weird or look funny.
Isaac I need you to go keep my room company while it's too
clean for life. and please give theo an extra hug for me, I miss him.
Theo I hate you
lolol ok here's also some randoms:
-we say "family prayers" in our room at night and
there have been a few instances where someone will start laughing about..
really nothing and then we can't finish the prayer. Once it was because a
really loud church song started blasting from Soeur Barton's speakers and she
dove at it during the prayer. Feels like home.
- we saw a snail the other day.
- I love teaching so much and also it's really
terrifying.
- there is so much food here. c'est une probleme.
- I left my note with my random notes in my room. :( so now
I don't remember.
- mom I really do have a letter for you it's coming slowly
- the word for testify in tahitian is "faa ite ite ite
aparapapu" or something close to that.
- grandma sends me a lot A LOT of cookies and brownies. I
don't even know what to do with them. she is so cute.
sorry if i missed anything.
oh I did. I actually need you to send me some capris.. and
just one of my medium sized t-shirts. thank you so muchyy.. I love you to the
ends of the earth. thanks for being my family.
this is typical. yep. just like home.
soeur barton is my fave
Audrey Durrant does not have much time to write today.
But I want to say some things:
1. I somehow go to bed every single night so pumped. Even if
the day was really hard, every night I go to sleep thinking about how much I
love life. Like, I can't even explain it. Maybe it's because of all the krispy
kreme (is that how you spell itdonuts that are sent by dear elder to the
romanian elders and they share with me, but I think it's actually just that the
church is true. Sometimes it's frustrating because I try to sleep and I can't,
due to the visions of french running through my head and the little ecstatic
feelings that say I LOVE JESUS! oh man. what is life.
2. Like 21 new elders came a couple of days ago and three
sisters. We played a game where you pass a balloon and talk about yourself and
we sang some songs and gave them a tour. They are all really awesome from what
I can tell. :) All of us did a session together at the temple today and will
probably all play volleyball tomorrow. Being a sis training leader is fun, even
if it's just by default.
3. last night we taught a lesson that pretty much
reconverted me to the church. not that I wasn't already converted... but it
like multiplied it by 5 million. It was like I was being taught as we were
teaching as simply as we could. There were tears. lots of tears. then donuts
afterwards. I know it's kind of silly because it's just role play, but it felt
real to all of us. if that's what it feels like to be a missionary, I'm
in.
too late lol.
4. there's so much food here. but good thing there's also
volleyball. ps I tried to do like three sit ups the other day and my stomach
muscles are still sore. #wheredyougotrackandfield
5. someone please thank my grandma for all the brownies. :)
and tell my family I love them so much if you see them. give them all a hug.
yes, all at once. fit them into your giant arms.
maruru! love you all
ps this is elder shenkhal and he modeled at usu. apparently
he has pictures on the aggie shuttles, so someone please remember his face and
have fun searching for him. it can be a fun activity as you ride up to
campus.
and these are my favorite people.
No comments:
Post a Comment