Thursday, May 19, 2016

Goodley Goo 5/6/16


My dear fam



Oh man I love you so much! It sounds like you're all yourselves, whether that means you're totally studious or laughing about girdles or flying a drone around and crying because of laughter about it. thanks for making me giggle and feel nice. :) 



I don't even know anymore. Like, I love it here and then I hate it here and then I'm like "I'm never leaving ever" and then I'm like "I need to leave right this second or I will die." But overall, my life has been B L E S S E D. I wouldn't even trade just these two weeks for anything. has it really only been two weeks since I saw you? Strangeness! How does time even work anymore? 





THANK you for the package!!! those pictures made me so glad :) I showed them to a lot of people in my zone and had some good laughs about how I can never get in any family pictures. Very sneaky to sneak one of Ryan in there lol thanks a whole heap. yeah that was so awesome though you're just great :) 



and thanks for all the dear elders. they really do make days go better and happier. :) I like to not open them until I have a quiet moment where I don't have to plan anything.. actually that's like never. This is the hardest part for me, i think, and the language. Just having a responsibility or 58 ALL THE TIME. like, i just feel guilty for not being able to accomplish them all at once. mais ca va. as such is life on the mission, and I will learn to love it! I need to learn this. 



I get to call on Sunday!!!! It will be sometime between 3:15 and 4:00. Probably at 4:00. I.. dont know which phone to call? should I just call Mom's or Dad's? I will try both unless you send me different info by tomorrow.



I love you mucho. I'm a happy camper. I love being a missionary. 



Yo Yo Yo. 



this place is seriously like none other on this earth. the other day, we were just in our little classroom, you know. studying. then all of these elders, 18-20 year old boys mind your, come charging down the stairs singing "I love to see the temple" happily at the top of their lungs like it was nothing. Just normal. It felt normal to me until I thought about what would happen if you saw that anywhere else. hahaha. 



Well... hmm. I feel like I'm at a loss for words because there are too many words. Lots of things happened! Pretty much our whole zone is leaving for Paris and Lyon and New Hampshire and Tahiti on Monday, and I'm a little sad about it. These kids have become my best friends and it's gonna be a little quiet and lonely around here for a few days until next wednesday, when there's like 21 new missionaries coming to our zone!! and S Mendenhall and i get to be the Sister training leaders for them! hope we don't scare them away! 



side note: the record for running a mile on the track here is 6:00. I kind of want to beat it but at the same time I am super out of shape so.. no. maybe not lol. 



Oh boy. So I just want to talk about this person called Frere Taua who is one of my teachers. But actually, he is so much more than a teacher. I'll tell you why. 

On wednesday, I was having a hard and tired day. You know those days where you're just like "give me a pillow and some alone time." but here, you get no pillows and certainly no alone time. It's a personal problem hahaha and I just need to humble myself. But anyway, I wasn't living it up too hard. Frere Taua, who is a tahitian, said "today I think we need to have a lesson outside." I thought I was going to throw up with joy because literally I love outside so much and we never get to be out there like ever. 



so we studied the plan of salvation outside. we picked it apart and tried to summarize it as simply as we could, and may I just highly recommend that all of you do that right now. I learned so much about the nature of God and of Jesus Christ and it opened my eyes. I was pumped and I still am! whoah. Frere taua left at one point and we thought he was just going to take a happy little walk because he is like that. Lo and behold, he comes back holding three little cartons of Byu creamery ice cream! but no spoons. So the three of us just sat on some little MTC tables outside in the trees, ate ice cream with our lids, and talked about life. Life as humans and the wonders of it. We weren't silly missionaries and a teacher, we were just friends who love ice cream and God. 



also, we taught a lesson to Vaihiarii (Frere Taua's role model self who is actually his past self so that's cool) and he said it was one of his favorite lessons he's ever been taught here in this place. He also said our french was incredible and we might be able to start learning tahitian a little bit earlier! But... I'm sitting here now and i'm a little hesitant to decide that's a bonne idee pour moi. I told that to frere Taua and he wrote three words on the board: 



GOD TRUSTS US. 



so why can't we trust ourselves? 



just chew on that this week. Love you all :) 



pics: We are eating some junk food. that's what we do. Grandma sent me these cookies so if you see my grandma durrant please give her a hug for me. Thanks Grandma!! 



the whole zone, the girls in my room, my Samwise Gamgee action figure, uhh.... and i found Marielle Larsen!!!!! I got to teach her a lesson actually and it was super rad! I'm pumped that she is here. 





No comments:

Post a Comment