Hello Audrey:
Monday thoughts. Deep and Profound:
1.
I’m glad you are back from hiking- so we
can hear from you every day. It always makes us feel better when we can
communicate with you. But I have to admit, I am pretty envious of your
hiking trip in the Himalayas. What an awesome adventure. I’d love to
know exactly where you were… do you even know?
2.
I had the worst game week last week ever in the
history of diversion.
3.
It turns out that Downton Abbey actually
surprised AJ with some real actual drama (and blood) last night. We’re
all still emotionally distraught. Especially Asia Hoka Jota.
4.
After Humphery van Weydon finds he is in love
with Maud Brewster, and discovers a new life he never imagined, the cynical
Wolf Larsen says to them both:
“I am like a sober man looking upon drunken men, and,
greatly
weary, wishing he, too, were drunk.”
“Or like a wise man looking upon fools and wishing he, too, were a
fool,”
I laughed.
5.
Star Wars VII blooper: As Finn, Rey, and
BB8 are running toward the Millenium Falcon the first scene that you see it,
they are running to the side of the ship with the cockpit. The very next
scene they are running straight at the back of the Falcon with the glowing
light strip most visible.
6.
The Provo City Center temple will be the 150th
operating temple. Dedications are also planned later this year in Japan
and Philadelphia. Doug and Lois Amussen went to the Provo open house last
week and Doug told me that it has more decorative wood and stained glass
windows inside than any temple he has seen.
7.
I am not reading your emails. However I do
see a comment here and there since the first line of every gmail you get comes
across the screen of your phone. Case in point:
8.
😝
: …see attached… this made me laugh. I admit I did open this one up
from Elder Duffin since he’s awesome and 3 hours younger than you and obviously
his mission call signals his quality- Message sent from the superiority of
Chile of course. I really like the connection your exec council still has
from all over the entire world (literally). I’m a little envious of a
high school friend group like that to be honest. AJ has something
similar. Except they are all home now and not all over the planet.
Carefully monitoring each other’s social life. Ian heading for something
similar also.
9.
Speaking of Ian’s future, he has the option of
being the first graduating class of the Green Canyon Wolves with colors of
Green, Black, Silver, and White. Super Bay. Or Super
Sick. Or whatever the 2016 phrase is for Super Cool. But he’s
planning to stay a Bobcat instead. And running for Exec Council I
believe.
10.
Teesh got her braces off today!!!!
11.
6 days and counting! We are all good
here if you can fit a small person into your suitcase to come home with you…
P.S. Green and Silver Wolves eat Pale Yellow and Baby
Blue Bobcats…
Love,
Dad
To family from Audrey
Randoms:
1-dad your music on your phone reminds me of you and has
brought me a lot of fun times. I found Aaron laughing recording and the toshi
station recording. Blessings come in strange ways sometimes.
2- here I am. It's the last day of my time in pokhara with these
people that I've become so fond of. So many different types of people.. I don't
really know how to feel or what to think or say. I've decided that I hate
goodbyes more than anything because they make me feel so unsettled and awkward.
I don't know how to tell someone bye. Then I think it's a good thing we will
all end up in heaven someday (hopefully) so we won't ever truly say goodbye!
That gives me a good excuse to just avoid them altogether. ;)
3- but for reals. I feel weird that it's only been a month.
The first two weeks seemed so long but the second two were almost negative time
they went so fast. I also feel like I was starting to make some real
breakthroughs with the kids and with my confidence in teaching so it's a shame
to leave now.
4- But I know it's time to be home now and I can't wait to
be there. Ah I miss you guys so so much. SO MUCH.
5- I bet you think I've become all mature and independent
and knowledgeable about everything in my time here. I probably haven't. Don't
get your hopes up ;) still me 100%.
6- mom the Nepali guy who's part of the GVI staff, Bibek, he
always tells me he loves you. I don't know why. He just comes up to me and says
"tell your mom I love her." He's said that ever since I showed him a
picture of you and me.
7- I'm gonna miss the old ladies holding my hand. They
always grab it when you're talking to them.
8- fizz n fryz sounds like the dumbest place ever.
Jk it's great I can't wait to make more greasy things.
9- I haven't shaved my legs or armpits in about three weeks.
We should have a ceremony when I get home and get rid of it.
10- I have no time
11- we had pizza night last night and I have a carb baby the
size of dad's brain
Love you all!! See you soon!
I haven't been able to watch "I will" by Hillary
weeks that you sent me a while back, but I just did after I read your email and
realized that maybe I have changed a lot. In five weeks, I have found
myself but also equally lost myself. I almost feel a little bit disconcerted.
It's like someone spun me around for a while, which was fun, but then
stopped me right in the middle of it, and now I'm trying to figure out which
way is up.
I think it's because I had something really good going. And
I was so so sad and unwilling to leave.. I'm still really sad. But at the
same exact time tipping the scales the other way is my mission! And you guys!
One thing that was testified to me over and over and over again these past 5
weeks was just how vital the family is to me. Just me personally and my personal
salvation. I need you 6 people more than anything.
And I'm so pumped to come experience the changes with
everyone :) that's the fun of life. Changing in little ways for the better, and
that's what our family does. It gets better every day. I love being a part of
it.
Ps if you ever eat a pretzel from pretzel maker, don't wait
20 minutes to eat it or it gets hard as a brick.
See you soon :)
My
Nansy,
I
think you’ll have some time to check your emails on your way home so I thought
I’d send one last letter before we get to see you in person tomorrow. I’m
SO EXCITED!!!
I’ve
been thinking about this thing called time because you’ve been gone for about 5
weeks and I feel like your mission should be at least half over by now.
It seems like you’ve been gone so much longer than 5 measly weeks. We’ve
really missed you around here so I hope you know how much you’ll be missed when
it’s 18 months. I’m guessing you’ve made a difference to some lives in
Nepal and I’m so happy that it was hard for you to say goodbye. Like dad
said, this only means that you loved someone. I remember when I went to
Germany at your age and stayed with the Stief family for 3 days. It’s
hard for me to explain even now how much they meant to me when it was time to
leave. It almost seemed ridiculous that I could feel a connection like
that in such a short time but it was real. That goodbye was so hard for me
and I still miss them to this day and still feel that feeling of homesickness
when I think about them. I will probably never see them again until the
afterlife—especially since I can’t find them on facebook. But that will
be a great day for me.
My
point is—there will be a lot of people that you will feel a special connection
to as you move through life. I’m glad it happened for you in Nepal.
Now you have a taste of how you’ll feel many times in Tahiti. I’m so
excited for you to be a missionary and really excited that we will be in on it
through your letters. You have a true talent in writing.—that’s for sure!
You’re
the one who’s been gone and you probably feel like you’ve lived a lifetime when
you think back to flying to Nepal. We’ve been here going along with life
as usual. I was trying to think today if anything has changed since you
left. Does anything really change in 5 weeks time if you’re the ones who
stay put? They actually do. Here’s my list of subtle things that
have happened in our family since you left.
AJ
got a lecture from yours truly about how if a relationship is not moving
forward in some way, then it’s moving backwards. Does he want to keep
Nicole or not? We don’t know her and she doesn’t know us. They act
very formal together even though they’ve liked each other for the bigger part
of 6 years.--- The next thing I knew, he’s wanting to invite her to
Melissa’s wedding. When we realized that won’t work—he wanted to invite
her to the airport to welcome you home. So, there you go. Progress—I
hope in the right direction. Not that I want him to get married
tomorrow. Just to not take what is right in front of him for
granted. I guess we all do that. I do that every day with this
person you call dad. There are 952 women lined up waiting for me to die
so that they can swoop in and snatch him right up. –and yet I take him
for granted in so many ways.
Ian—let’s
see. He now has a job at the chocolate factory in Richmond. The
miss Larson herself got him this job. They have a cute little relationship
that I have my suspicions about. Ian is good with the ladies. He
wrote a tribute to Katy on Instagram and called her “gorgeous” without it being
over the top or shocking at all. Today, we left him in Providence and now
he has more ammunition to justify calling himself “the forgotten middle child”
Teesh—she’s
actually made a lot of changes in 5 weeks. She is the star basketball
player on the HP 11th ward YW team. She puts her hair in a
ponytail for this without my pushing it. She goes and looks through your
closet and tries things on. She wanted me to use your curling iron to do
her hair on Sunday morning. We had a discussion on the right amount of
make up that a 12 year old girl should be wearing (still no desire to put such
on though). She got her braces off and looks beautiful. I also love
to watch her interacting with people these days. She has a lot of
confidence and humor that she didn’t have even a few months ago. She also
has some best friends at school and told me that she seems to attract the
friends who have “creepy” families. She doesn’t like to go over to
anyone’s houses.
Then
there’s Frosty. I went to Hobby Lobby with him yesterday because he
wanted to try a new hobby. He’s been doing a lot of jobs the past few weeks
to earn money for another knex roller-coaster. The thing is, I found one
at DI for 3 dollars. The exact same one sells on Amazon for $199.
Funny and awesome huh? So, he had a lot of fun building that and declared
that he was rollarcoastered out but had money burning his pockets. I
suggested that he might like building models. I wanted to buy a car of
plane that was a medium level to see if he would even like it. We came
home with the “titanic”. It’s pretty detailed and big and he has been
non-stop with it ever since. Dad says I probably started something
big. The modeling world is endless—unless you’re into old west ghost
towns. Then it’s very limited and expensive. Isaac is still the
kindest of souls and often goes out into the garage and comforts the cats
during their cold, hard lives. Also, we survived the maturation program
at school together. He thought he had it pretty hard with what will
happen sometimes nocturnally—until I told him what happens to girls
monthly. He was quite happy to be a boy after that. His teacher
told me that he is the best of the best in class and is very quietly
obedient. He said that he knows that Isaac can talk though—because he’s
overheard Isaac talk a mile a minute if he’s talking to his best friend Kendon
in class.
Dad
and I are going to a reception now so I think I’ll stop here and send it. I
guess I should go on and on about the wonderful changes dad and I have
made. I’ll have to ponder on that one for now.
Can’t
wait for tomorrow!
Love,
Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment