Thanks for all the emails. I'm trying to reply to the random
stuff but I can't remember all of it so here's just a bit from me for now. In
the meantime don't kill any fish and be taking pics of all the white elephants
that were funny. :) and play the piano when you get home. It's
lonely.
Last night, a few of the volunteers went out to see if there
was a pub (tribute to Alan). There was one. Actually there was a few, and they
got REALLY drunk. A few of the other volunteers and I actually met up with them
at the Irish bar and I got to experience being with some very tipsy people. It
was kind of funny and don't worry we were just sitting and talking, nothing
rowdy. I would have left if it was bad. Then I left with some of them and
got to the house and just sat for a bit. Jo went up to our room and I followed
like 10 minutes after, where I found her sitting on her bed just weeping. So
many tears. She couldn't even tell me what was wrong. I am not sure that she
even knew herself, but in any case, she was quite incoherent. So I sighed
and got her some tissues but in the process of me being in the bathroom,
she wandered back outside and sat down with the other people out there and I
heard a lot of "jo what's the matter? Jo?" Of course she couldn't
answer so I walked out there and asked her if she would like to go to sleep
now, then she nodded and took my hand and i helped her stumble up the
stairs again. She kept saying "thank you, thank you" through her
tears and wanted to hug me every two steps haha. I had no idea what the heck
was going on in her brain but all I could think was
"why would anyone ever do this to themselves?"
It was sad to see this composed and beautiful lady
that I've come to respect so much lose all mental control to where she
couldn't put her feet in her sleeping bag (I had to help her find it) and
the saddest part is how much she was looking forward to going out and just
getting stoned. Losing all control. All of these good wonderful people just get
pumped about going out and spending a hundred dollars on brain killers ahhg it
makes me feel frustrated. And they don't even remember it.
Ok sorry that's my rant.
On that note, all else is well. :) this week is gonna be
pretty busy every day with projects and then we are going hiking and
paragliding this weekend!! Whoop yeah! So I'll let you know how that goes and
I'll send pictures. :)
The days seem to drag on and yet they fly by. I feel
like I'm just getting the hang of things but that I have so little time. Ah
well, c'est la vie.
I'm excited to go to Tahiti. Cultures are cool.
I love our culture a whole lot. I've been feeling so
grateful for so many things. Tonight I washed my hair in hot water because my
friend lent me a kettle. It was a tender mercy. :)
I also got to study my scriptures for a long time and it was
so happy. I don't know how people are even happy without those things haha they
must be faking it.
I also bought peanut butter and found Apples and bananas so
pretty much = the best lunch time of my life.
I also was sad because I thought I had no church music
available to me, but then I was like "duh I have dads phone" and
voila! Spiritual upliftement! So thanks dad I'll never hate on your music taste
again.
We went to an authentic yoga class today and it was mucho
wonderful. I've never had such an intense yoga session but my body feels great.
Go Nepali women! Namaste!!
I love the people I'm with. Mostly. Haha really I do love
them a lot and we have a good Time but there's so so many mixed personalities
and cultures and yeah.
It all works out.
Mom I am now listening to "a child's love" and
there's a lump in my throat the size of your big toe.
Hee hee. 😵🤘🏼
love you bunches. Have fun in Utah.
Reply from Mom: 1/19/16
Good grief! I can’t believe what a drunken spectacle
you survived. We all read your letter at the clue house. There was
a lot of conversation about the blessings of the word of wisdom and a lot of
opinions about why people would do that to themselves and look so forward
to it. The immediate thing that came to my mind was when I was having
migraines a lot more often and trying many things to prevent them. It was
quite easy for me to stop sugar because when I was really tempted, I would
think about what a migraine felt like and then suddenly, the temptation was gone.
I didn’t want the consequence. Maybe a hangover is just not bad enough to
stop the desire, but it seems like it would be. I’m curious if there were
any apologies to you the next day or embarrassment about it.
Last night we read your letter again for family night and
talked a little more about the experience you’re having. Dad said that
you have the gift of being an optimist. Then shortly after, I read
Makayla’s last letter and saw what the polar opposite is like. Her mom
wrote a note at the bottom pleading with anyone willing, to write her a
handwritten letter and encourage her to stick with it, be happier, try harder,
believe in herself etc…. I know that you are probably having an equal
amount of hard things happening. Yet, you choose to give more of your
focus to the good things. You are going to be an amazing missionary on so
many levels but especially because of that one to get you through when other
things are not working out so well.
Right now Teesh is sitting across from me eating what looks
like tomato flavored crackers mashed in a bowl with a few drops of curdled
milky water on it. (Dad’s special recipe). I looked up and her mouth was
wide open, chuck full and she was yelling. Apparantly it was a little hot
and she put quite a large amount in her trap before realizing it. It was
a gross scene but I can’t stop laughing at her.
Today she and I are going to the crepery with the
Jacobsen’s. Teesh is the only one out of school today for a teacher prep
of some kind.
I was lame at the clue house with taking pictures.
It’s too dark in there and the one’s I took didn’t turn out that well.
So, I’m just sending one of Corinne in the beautiful dress, Teesh with part of
her ‘Erkle’ game, and Teesh right now playing with the “what am I” game.
Weird but funny! We played the stupidest game of Settlers ever so don’t
be sad you missed it. I think dad already told you about it though.
I need to go so I’ll write more later. We love and
miss you! Get a good nights sleep.
Hi there today this is teesh interrupting moms letter
because I feel like it
(I guess that’s all you’re getting right now from her.
~Mom
Ps—I need details about your weekend plans
No comments:
Post a Comment