Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Overcome 6/3/2016


Hello my lovely family. I read some really sad news just now about the loss of a good friend and example this morning. I just want to put in my two bits about a man named Val Durrant. 



I'm not aware of the whole story, how this came to pass, or what everyone is going through/thinking right now, but that does't change how I feel. I feel great sadness knowing that someone so kind and loving is not here with us anymore. Every time I saw Val, whether at a track meet, a reunion, or at great gma d's house, he was sure, always SURE, to give me a hug and ask me how I was doing. He's like, my great uncle. he had no obligation to do that and honestly I wouldn't have been offended if he didn't. but he did, and I felt a great respect for him for that. I still do. 



I have learned so much here in the past 6 weeks and i just want everyone reading this to KNOW THAT I KNOW. this life is not all. this life is short, and maybe not all sweet, but it means something. People move in and out of the veil as part of a process that is bigger than us, which is out of our control. only God controls that process. All we can do is live and be a part of it, and find beauty in it, seeing the light of Christ in other peoples faces. We are here because he lives and we too can live with his perfect happiness and glory. I am grateful for this knowledge. val has the light of christ and it hasn't left him. He is still there and moving on to an important purpose. He loves all of you still and so does our lord and savior Jesus Christ. he has surmounted all so trust in him.



"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." 



John 16:33



so be not overcome with grief. 



I love and miss all of you. talk to you later. thanks for all the support and letters and happiness chaque jour. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment